Downsizingdirect.com is an online service that promotes downsizing and supports people to downsize.The website has been created by United for All Ages, a social enterprise. More details about contacting United for All Ages can be found below.
We understand that providing information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. Before submitting your personal information to our website, please read this policy carefully to learn about our privacy practices.
What information we collect from you
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name and email address. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order to provide help and advice.
Automatic Collection of Information
We may collect some information about your computer when you visit downsizingdirect.com. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, web browser software, and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed and pages visited. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests of our users and customise your user experience.
Cookies are small data text files and can be stored on your computer's hard drive (if your web browser permits).
- To help us recognise your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting our site. (PHP session cookies used: PHPSESSID)
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon, or statistical information). (Google analytics cookies used: __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz)
How we use your information
Downsizingdirect.com uses the information we collect about you for the following general purposes: for registration and to manage your account, including to facilitate your access to and use of our site; to communicate with you in general, including to provide information about Downsizingdirect.com; to respond to your questions and comments; to measure interest in and improve our products, services, and website; to notify you about special offers and products or services available from us or our partners that may be of interest to you; and to otherwise customise your experience with Downsizingdirect.com.
With whom we share your information
Downsizingdirect.com may share your information with the following entities:
- Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately
- Affiliated Websites. If you were referred to Downsizingdirect.com from another website, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address and telephone number about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites' use of personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you to Downsizingdirect.com
- Companies within our corporate family. We may share your personal information within the United for All Ages group. This sharing enables us to provide you with information about services which might interest you.
We also may share your information:
- In response to court orders; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us
- When we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
How you can access your information
We endeavour to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can access and update your contact information by contacting us. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using Downsizingdirect.com and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorised employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorised persons from gaining access to your information.
How you can contact us
If you have questions about this policy, please contact us at:
c/o United for All Ages
Norfolk NR12 0PW
Email: email@example.com Tel: 01692 650816